I, personally, like for things to be neat and tidy -- I am a "clean-as-you-go"/"a place for everything, and everything in its place" type (A-ish) person. That is just my natural tendency, and it is how I used to keep things (before I had kids).
Well, truth be told, I still do often try to keep them this way (we have our house for sale right now, so keeping it clean and tidy is sort-of required), BUT I think the kiddos are showing me that those things are less and less important.
Each night before we do our bedtime routines of brushing teeth, potty, and reading books/prayers, etc, we take a few minutes to put all of the toys back where they belong... we all sing:
"Clean-Up, Clean-Up
Everybody, Everywhere
Clean-Up, Clean-Up
Everybody Do Your Share"
And usually (on a good day) all the toys are back tucked away in their bins, buckets, shelves, etc. in just a few minutes.
Making for a nice and clean room for the big boys to go to sleep in -- BUT after the lights go out, my sweet Daniel has recently started getting back out of bed and finding ways to "play quietly" in their room... he wanders around (in the dark) playing with this and that, and not bothering to put any of the toys or book back where they go, making a scene like this picture in the mornings:
Granted, this really isn't that bad, or that big of a deal, right? RIGHT??? Well, I tell myself that it's not that big of a deal, and I thank God for the ways that He is using my boys to mold and shape me into a better person. Because, really what matters is that I love Daniel unconditionally -- whether he is neat or messy, whether he goes right to sleep at night or plays quietly for a little bit longer. I am so thankful for a Heavenly Father who extends that unconditional love to me, so that I can then give it to others.
And that is so much more important than things being tidy! And who could resist the charm of this handsome 2-year-old?!?!?





No comments:
Post a Comment