"The grass withers, and the flowers fall..." (Is. 40:8a)
It's such a cliche, but SO TRUE -- time just passes too quickly... especially when you have little ones!!!! Some times each day seems SO long, but the days quickly turn into weeks, the weeks quickly into months, and the months into years!!! I constantly ask myself "where did the time go???"
So, I have just 1 week left with my 2, almost 3-year-old. So, I guess that makes him 2 51/52 this week. And I am going to hold onto that, and cherish each and every day of it. It's not that I want him (or any of our children) to remain a baby "forever" -- it's just that you only have the present, you only have this one chance at parenting your kids, and it's for this brief "moment" in time. And I just want there to be enough time to do "everything" -- all that I am "suppose" to do. They are such blank slates, so innocent and teachable... and such sponges, just wanting to soak in all the knowledge that you can give them! It is such an awesome privilege and responsibility!!! I, as a HUMAN Mom, sometimes seem to have a limited supply of patience and energy and endurance and etc, etc, etc.
I know that I can only do my best, and that with prayer and help from God -- every minute of every day -- I trust in what Phil 1:6 says "And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ." and what Phil 2:13 says "Not in your own strength for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you -- energizing and creating in you the power and desire -- both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight."
I guess I never really realized what a hard job it is to be a parent -- what a higher calling it truly is! I am so thankful for this gift, and I pray that I am open to being used by God to raise Godly boys who will be Godly men in the future. I don't know if these ramblings make sense, or if any other mommies/parents have these same feelings and thoughts, but just something that is on my heart today.
So, "The grass withers, and the flowers fall, BUT the word of the Lord remains FOREVER!!!!!" (Is. 40:8) Thank you, Lord for the promises in your word!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment