Children are God's way of giving a Mommy job security!

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Daniel's 2nd Birthday



Well, my sweet little Daniel "baby" is officially 2 -- I am not sure how 2 years have flown past SO fast!!!! I vividly remember the day that Daniel surprised us all and decided to come out 1 month early just like it was yesterday!
Luke and I were just having a "normal" day -- playing at the park with our friends in the morning, went home for lunch and naps, but for some reason, I just felt "off" -- by ~6pm after Robert finally convincing me to get ready and go get checked out at the hospital, I agreed. So we left our house and dropped Luke off at a neighbor's house (Thanks, Dee!!!!) ~7pm, made it to the hospital ~7:20. Got checked in and finally realized "I'm in labor!" Learned that Daniel was coming -- ready or not, and that he had turned himself around and was now breech! And the next few minutes were quite a blur as they tried getting me back to a L&D room -- when midway my water broke and I felt that incredible urge to push -- all the while asking "where is my epidural!?!?" And barely in the room, but before they could get me to the "real bed", at 8:02pm little Daniel Cole was born -- butt first and with no pain meds! What a crazy story! He then had to spend 10 days in the NICU getting his lungs cleared and growing before he could come home.
We had a fabulous support system of wonderful family and friends who prayed for little Daniel in those early days, and God heard each and every one of those prayers and answered them! Daniel is a 100% healthy little guy and he is such a blessing to our family! I am excited to see how God chooses to use him in the future!

Here's some fun pictures from Daniel's 2nd birthday party at a nearby gym -- Gabrielle's. He and his friends enjoyed getting to run around and play and then eat pizza and cupcakes, and pop bubbles! He had a wonderful day and is thrilled to be 2 now!


Getting flipped by Daddy

Baby Seth watching all the action

Climbing into the foam pit


Luke loved the rope swing

Bouncing on the trampoline with friends






Time to eat!


Yummy Cupcakes!

Balloons!

Bubbles!


Opening presents at home after naps!

No comments:

Post a Comment