Children are God's way of giving a Mommy job security!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Robert's 2nd (and last) Marathon

Robert ran the Houston Marathon on Sunday, Jan 30th, 2011. And he completed it in 4:44!!!! We are so proud of him! Here are a few pics I took. I will try to link to a site with a video clip of the finish line.
A little bit about it: so we drove down to Houston on Friday -- it was sunny and in the 70s! We had fun with some friends on Friday and Saturday -- again sunny and 70s. Well, then Sunday early in the morning, the rain started to come down... and all Sunday morning it rained and rained (not quite thunderstorms, but NOT ideal running conditions!) So Robert lined up with the other 7,300+ marathoners (~3,000 registered marathoners didn't show up! Ha!), and ~10,000 half-marathoners and ran in the rain!
The boys and I drove around trying to meet up with him along the course to give him more water and cheer him on... we just missed him ~6 miles, met him ~8 miles and ~17.5 miles, and the at the finish line!!! We are so proud of him for finishing -- and according to him, this one will be his last marathon - only half-marathons or less for him from now on!



Robert and Adam (his training partner) ~8 mile mark.


This was near the 17.5 mile area -- we were waiting for Robert to pass by and a lady waiting on her family/friends took a picture of us!

This was just a few yards from the finish line -- I was about 3-4 rows of people back with my camera over my head snapping pictures! There were SO MANY people!!! Glad I was able to get a few pics of Robert right near the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment