Children are God's way of giving a Mommy job security!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Around the house

This has been another busy week! We have gotten lots of things accomplished, and had lots of fun too! It is the first week of beautiful sunshine in a long stretch (Texans are NOT used to being cooped up during the winter!) So the boys have LOVED getting to run around outside and get some vitamin D!
We FINALLY finished working on our little backyard shed -- I say FINALLY because we started the project 3 weeks ago... we have been needing something for extra storage for a long time now, and since getting the minivan, I want to keep it in the garage. But with all the lawn stuff, the boys' toys, bikes, etc, etc, etc... there was hardly any room at all. So we set off to Lowe's to buy a little "pop together" aluminum shed... sounded simple enough in my head. Well, we got started on it, but then it got COLD, and was RAINY and then Robert had 2 busy weeks of work, so we weren't able to really work on it, plus my main job was to keep the 2 little ones safe while they were "helping" Daddy, so I don't think that I was much help at all! But alas, it is finished and we spent most of yesterday unloading the garage, and loading the shed. It's so nice to have a cleaned out garage again!

Next we decided it was time to update our furniture... so we spent a couple of days looking and trying and narrowing down what we liked and wanted to get. And we just purchased a new leather set this morning! It is super comfortable, so pretty to look at, and I think will last a LONG time... even with the little ones! It gets delivered next week, and I can't wait! Here's a pic!
We have also had a baby shower and an upcoming birthday party to celebrate. It's so nice to have a great group of friends and family -- it's great entertainment and fun!
And, lastly, but not least, we will have our big ultrasound tomorrow morning to get another peak at our growing little one, and hopefully find out the sex -- I have been dying to know already. I feel like once we know, we can start planning, and get a name picked out and have a better idea of what to expect in July. Either a baby boy or baby girl would be a welcome addition to our family, so I am trying to "be anxious for nothing, but with prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be known to God." (Phil 4:6) I know that God's plan for our family is best, and however that unfolds will be great! (Although, a little girl would be awesome -- just my humble opinion! ;) It is so hard to believe that I am already that far along! This pregnancy has just gone by SO fast so far!
Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts for little baby #3! They are definitely felt, and greatly appreciated! I am in such awe at the miracle of each and every conception, pregnancy, birth, etc of every baby! What a wonderful design by our Creator!

Psalm 139:13-14
"For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother's womb. I will confess and praise You for You are fearful and wonderful and for the awful wonder of my birth! Wonderful are Your works, and that my inner self knows right well."

No comments:

Post a Comment